Aims and scope
Aims and scope
Agriculture & Food Security is a peer-reviewed open access journal that addresses the challenge of food security. It publishes articles within the field of food security research, with a particular focus on research that may inform more sustainable agriculture and food systems that better address local, regional, national and/or global food and nutritional insecurity.
Agriculture & Food Security may welcome contributions from relevant academic disciplines, including agricultural, ecological, environmental, nutritional, public health and policy, however particularly encourages research focused on economic analyses and conveying policy implications.
The scope of the journal includes, but is not limited to:
· Agricultural and environmental sciences, including genetics and systems ecology
· Global change, biodiversity and sustainability
· Agricultural and food economics and policy
· Food technology and innovation
· Information sciences and decision theory
· Health economics and policy for food and nutritional security
· Strategies for the implementation of new policies and practices
The pioneering advances in research reported in Agriculture & Food Security have far reaching implications both for the developing world and for sustainability in the developed world. The published articles are accessible not only to researchers, but are also of special interest to the wider community of farmers, development and public health workers, policy makers and the general public.