Agriculture and Food Security is looking for a new Editor-in-Chief, read more about it and apply here.
Aims and scope
Agriculture & Food Security is a peer-reviewed open access journal that addresses the challenge of global food security. It publishes articles within the field of food security research, with a particular focus on research that may inform more sustainable agriculture and food systems that better address local, regional, national and/or global food and nutritional insecurity. The journal considers cutting-edge contributions across the breadth of relevant academic disciplines, including agricultural, ecological, environmental, nutritional, and socio-economic sciences, public health and policy.
The scope of the journal includes, but is not limited to:
- Agricultural and environmental sciences, including genetics and systems ecology
- Animal husbandry, fisheries science and plant science
- Global change, biodiversity, climatology and abiotic stresses
- Food technology and balancing agricultural outputs across food, feed, fibre and fuel
- Economics, information sciences and decision theory
- Strategies for the implementation of new policies and practices
- Public health in relation to the condition of food and nutritional security
The pioneering advances in research reported in Agriculture & Food Security have far reaching implications both for the developing world and for sustainability in the developed world. The published articles are accessible not only to researchers, but are also of special interest to the wider community of farmers, development and public health workers, policy makers and the general public.
2018 Journal Metrics
116 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
113 days to first decision for all manuscripts
182 days from submission to acceptance
22 days from acceptance to publication
157 altmetric mentions